Monkberry Moon Delight (aka Overnight Oats)

Aug 20, 2014

Thanks to Lauren (Lorncorn) and a small & weird juice/snack shop called Moon Juice, I discovered overnight oats. Overnight oats, I love you. You're so easy to make and good. I can prepare you the night before, put you in a jar and grab you on the go. And scarf you while waiting for the train. Or admire you while I have a slow morning. This recipe doesn't have Monkberry in it, but it's as special as it sounds. When I was little, I used to eat raw oatmeal with cold milk, like cereal; then I found Muesli (which is alrooiiight). But this recipe is a whole new level of good, and I can't believe I've only just discovered it! I feel like I must do my part to spread the Overnight Oats word, so here's how I like them...

Ingredients & Recipe (all in one!)

The ratio for oats to liquid is 1:2; so for one person, I usually use a cup of oatmeal to 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk. I get a bowl large enough to allow the oats to grow a bit; first I pour in rolled oats, with a splash of steel cut oats. I add walnuts & pumpkin seeds to my liking, and 1-2 dates chopped up. The dates will become soft and the perfect amount of sweet. Then I add a dash of ground ginger and cinnamon; more ginger than cinnamon. Honestly, I don't measure any of this, and I want to tell you to add a teaspoon of ginger, but only if you have made a serving that's a bit more than a cup of oatmeal (I am not so good at being precise when cooking)! Just make sure there is enough liquid to cover the dry ingredients. Cover the bowl or jar and put in the fridge over night. In the morning, you can add fruit, bananas, or, like I did below, dried rose petals.

HA! Just kidding, who on earth has dried rose petals?! Just this once, just for fun, just for curious.

Don't mind if I do. (Thanks, Lorn.)



No Response to "Monkberry Moon Delight (aka Overnight Oats)"

Post a Comment

Wolfnights All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger