No Longer a Prelude to Autumn

Oct 8, 2014

We're in the thick of it, Autumn. And I've got some big changes up my sleeve. Am I ready? NO! Am I ever? NO!

I've been so hectic, moving apartments, and New York>>Boston>>New Jersey>>New York [Jet Setting to the Jersey Shore, you know], and trying to have AS MUCH FUN AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE, that I haven't had time to write about all the beautiful flower related projects I've been lucky to be a part of! So here's one, near and dear to my flower heart.

A collaboration between Emily and Frances lead to these INCREDIBLE, weird and wonderful vases. I wish I could explain how much I love these vases, and how much I loved making arrangements for them; even as a florist, I didn't know one could love a vase so much.

So this is what we were up to during the dead of the summer; preluding to Autumn. Scheming for a photo shoot to use these vases and attempting said photo shoot, only to realize that it looked nothing like our initial idea. And finally, after some hair pulling, frustrating 'over-it' moments, I was back loving the project even more. Isn't that how it always goes?



My favorite. That pink.


I died when I saw these weird, tropical, spiky stems at the market. They dictated the entire arrangement. Red and purple? Who knew we'd like it so much.



The cubbies of curiosities- my lifelong obsession. 

And, because it's not fun with out it, some behind the scenes and the initial thoughts for the project….






And, actually, I am pretty ready.


I'm learning that the more I work on creative projects, the easier it is to work on them- the more open to (and maybe even excited by) failures, new ideas, trying things over and over, but with less attachment. More flow. It used to be tough for me, almost like creative constipation. That feeling where you have so many ideas and energy and wa wa wa buuuut I caaaaan't geeeet it ouuuuut-- what if this, that, etc. but the more you do, the better you get at the process, and the more you can really enjoy it, I think, which is the whole point. of liiiiiving. JEEESUS.





2 comments:

  1. I love this. Thanks for sharing a little bit about your process too. Creative constipation is a real affliction ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brittany! I'm so glad you liked it, and that not just my family is reading ;)
    XO

    ReplyDelete

Wolfnights All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger