Evolution of the "Construction Corner"

May 14, 2015

When you walk up the stairs to my apartment, the first thing you see is a nook. It sort of glows and it's one of my favorite things about my apartment. My dad had the genius idea of adding a skylight above it, creating THE PERFECT light box. Since then, it's been the place where I photograph many things/all the things, aka flowers.

At first, it had old plywood as a base, and I loved this weird unfinished look. (It's that imperfect/perfect balance that I always crave). At this point, I wasn't paying too much attention to it, but I would put leftovers from work there- a spare branch, a lonely flower (less is moremoremore). It's the first place I can set down what I'm lugging up the stairs (heavy buckets, bundles etc. etc.). And I loved the way things look there. Its sparseness, and empty, deconstructed feel.


The plywood was replaced by a nicer piece of wood, and then while I was away, my brother had white stone installed, really making it into a light box. The way the white reflects the light....OY.







I love the way the light changes- the afternoon is pretty magical (y'all know I'm a light chaser!)







1 comments:

Wolfnights All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger